Get your sample by choosing part number(s) from the product page or using the search box above.
Amphenol ICC is committed to meet environmental compliance initiatives from government bodies as well as the initiatives from our customers. Major initiatives include but are not limited to RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, Low Halogen, etc. In order for Amphenol ICC to meet the environmental compliance initiatives, we require our suppliers to meet Amphenol ICC’s Environmental Compliance Specification for Products and Packaging (GS-47-0005).
EU RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2)
- All our part numbers that end with “LF” meet the requirement for EU RoHS directive 2011/65/EU either with or without exemptions.
- EU RoHS compliant parts will be labeled either as “Directive 2011/65/EU Compliant” or “Directive 2011/65/EU Compliant with Exemption” and non compliant PNs will be labeled as “Directive 2011/65/EU Not Compliant”.
- Since connectors are ‘components’ and are under the classification of spare parts they will not have a CE mark applied.
- Cable assembly parts may be issued with a CE mark along with a EU Declaration of Conformity (DoC).
- Most of our LF parts meet the requirement for China RoHS except for the few parts which claim EU RoHS exemption 6 (lead (Pb) in copper alloy, steel and aluminium).
- China RoHS compliant parts will have logo and non-compliant parts will have logo in the product environmental compliance report.
- Our products do not contain any of the SVHC candidate list of substances (for the listing updated on 15 January 2018).
- If any of SVHC candidate substances were found above the threshold limit of 0.1%, Amphenol ICC will follow information obligation as per Article 33 of REACH regulation (EC No: 1907/2006).
- Amphenol ICC will not place any parts into the European market which contain substances included in Authorization list (Annex XIV) and Restricted substance list (Annex XVII) of the REACH regulation.
- Amphenol ICC supports customer initiatives to utilize low halogen products.
- Amphenol ICC follows the “Low Halogen” definition according to JEDEC/ECA Standard JS709. i.e. “for components other than printed board and substrate laminates, the plastic within the component shall contain <1000 ppm (0.1%) of bromine [if the bromine source is from a BFR] and <1000 ppm (0.1%) of chlorine [if the chlorine source is from a CFR, PVC or PVC copolymer]”.
- Amphenol ICC follows the “Halogen Free” definition according to IEC 61249-2-21 for any of our components or products. Halogen Free is defined as the component or product shall contain ≤ 900ppm of Chlorine or Bromine, and ≤ 1500ppm of Chlorine and Bromine combined from any source.
- Many products are currently Low Halogen and/or Halogen Free.
- Amphenol ICC can provide customers with low halogen / halogen free products for any that are not currently low halogen / halogen free; requests are considered on a case by case basis.
- Amphenol ICC uses Tin and Gold for manufacturing connectors.
- Amphenol ICC is committed to and will ensure that the origin of Tin and Gold used in our connectors is not from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) or neighboring countries.
- Amphenol ICC is an active member of the Electronics Industry Citizens Coalition (EICC) supporting the Conflict Minerals Due Diligence activities.
- We have collected the origin of conflict mineral information from all our suppliers.
- We report the conflict mineral information to our customers using EICC standard Conflict Minerals Due Diligence Reporting Template.
Our customers can download a Certificate of Compliance letter/Environmental compliance Report on RoHS, REACH, Low Halogen etc., for most part numbers directly from our web site. Please click here to download environmental compliance report.